6/12/12

Holika Holika: Luminous Silk SPF 42 PA+++ BB Cream Review

Annyeong! I'm back with my all time favorite Holika Holika products! :D
If you've following my blog, then you must've known how much I adore Holika Holika.
So today I'm gonna review this Luminous Silk SPF 42 PA+++ BB Cream that I recently bought.



The box is printed with lace prints which is very delicate and beautiful :D



It comes with a pump! Yeay! xD

I really really adore the packaging. I think that this is the cutest and the most beautiful BB Cream I've ever bought. There is this lace print on the BB Cream as well that makes the BB Cream looks more expensive and beautiful. But 1 thing that I don't really like about this is the pump. Sometimes I do find that the BB Cream is stuck in the pump so it takes quite a few pumps to get the product out of the bottle.

So moving on to the product itself, I got mine in 01 light beige. This BB Cream claims to have UV protection, whitening, and anti aging. It offers a dewy finish on the skin, which I didn't really like at first. I think that I'm a very matte kind of person (if you know what I mean :p). But after I tried this BB Cream, all my negative thoughts of dewy base makeup has changed since.

I really really adore this BB Cream. I think that this is the best dewy finish BB Cream as well as base makeup I've ever tried before. It has medium coverage in my opinion which is quite surprising because at first I thought it will be a light coverage BB cream, so it kinda covers up my dark circle as well as my acne scars very well (although sometimes I need extra concealer to cover up my heavier scar). The consistency and texture, I find it quite thick but a little goes a long way~~ so don't worry ;)

The dewy finish of this BB Cream is definitely worth to be liked. It is sooooo beautiful, it gives a healthy glow to my face, and it brightens up my complexion a lot without looking like a dead man. It doesn't contains any shimmer that makes your face looks like a disco ball.

I think the only thing that I don't like about this BB Cream is that the oil control is not so good, so if you are an oily skin person, you might not want to try this. I have a combination skin where I got oily on my forehead down to my chin. I do get oily on my T Zone after 4 hours of application. So if you have a combination skin like me you still can use this BB Cream but you've gotta bring your blotting paper along :p. I think that this will be very great for a dry skin people since it moisturize my face very well.

These are the swatches of the Luminous Silk BB Cream



left: without the BB Cream, right: with the Luminous Silk BB Cream.
I wish you can see the very nice glow on my skin after applying the Luminous Silk BB Cream.

1 more thing about this BB cream is it contains a very strong fragrance. So if you are allergic to any fragrance, you've gotta stay away from this. For me, I cannot say that I like the fragrance but I'm just okay with it since I'm not allergic to it.

Anyway I really adore this BB cream especially finish. I just wish that the oil control can be a lot better.

Recommended: Yes to dry skin people ;)
Rating: 4/5

You can get this on my online store House of Younique
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Have a nice day~~ x)
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. great review, too bad the oil control is lacking, else I would've bought it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for your review Ferina, i like the packaging, it's like peripera bb cream that i've been eyeing. hahaa..
    i can see that it really gives a dewy finish, would love to try it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you reviewnya, jadi pengen coba XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh kurang oke ya buat oily skin, aduh untung belom beli. Thanks review nya ya^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it pump out a lot, mine was broken from day one...

    I also did I review on the same product
    http://sharemakeupfashion.blogspot.no/2013/06/review-holika-holika-luminous-silk-bb.html

    ReplyDelete

Popular Entry

About Me

My photo
Hi readers! My name is Ferina Tan from Indonesia, currently a fashion design student. I love all beauty-related stuff! (esp. makeup and fashion!) xD Contact me: sweetmiria@hotmail.com

Followers